Tuesday, February 01, 2011

DNC chooses Charlotte

This is good news for my little corner of the world. The 2012 Democratic National Convention will be held in Charlotte, NC. Unemployment out this way is higher than in the rest in the state. Not sure if this would generate any long term jobs but we could use the influx of money in general.

Charlotte beat out some intense competition for the convention but I thought from the beginning it was the obvious choice. Lots of hotels and restaurants and though it will be too early for any fall color, the countryside is beautiful for short shortseeing trips and the weather is likely to be great.

Hoping some of my media tweeps will be covering the event so I'll finally get a chance to meet them in person. Thinking I should apply for blogger press credentials.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home