Saturday, August 14, 2010

Obama speaks out for NYC mosque - not good enough?

By now you've heard that President Obama made a strong statement in support of the NYC mosque during his hosting of a Ramadan dinner yesterday. As everyone is saying, this is of course a very good thing and in a sane world it wouldn't have even been necessary. I'd add for all those who have been complaining for weeks that Obama refused to make a statement on this issue, timing is everything. This statement will carry a much larger impact because he made it at Ramadan.

And while I'm thinking about impatient leftys, this Empywheel tweet drives me crazy:
Obviously, the gay community just needs a big symbolic holiday, w/good food, at which POTUS can declare his support.
For crying out loud. I love Marcy. She's done tremendous work for progressive causes and her coverage of the Scooter Libby trial launched the leftosphere into relevance but cripes, is it really so hard to celebrate a good moment for Obama by conflating it with a negative? It's like saying yeah, I loved the brand new car you got me, but you didn't give a big fat diamond ring too. Pretty sure this is what Gibbs was talking about when he was made the cracks about the professional left.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

What it will do is boost the conviction that he's a Muslim. I hear it every day. Criticizing Bush last Friday, I was answered through clenched teeth: "at least he was a Christian."

Seriously, is the country worth saving for the benefit of such people?

10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm telling you Fogg, I've had days lately where I think after the way we've screwed up this planet, much less destroyed civil society, that we deserve an Armageddon.

2:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home