Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sherrod to sue Breitbart

I suspect on some level this will probably please the attention seeking cretin, but I'm happy to see Shirley Sherrod fighting back against Breitbart's smear.
Ousted USDA employee Shirley Sherrod says she will sue conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart, the Associated Press reports.

Sherrod made the announcement Thursday in San Diego at the National Association of Black Journalists annual convention.
I see Dave Weigel is already calling it a "silly suit" which I assume reflects his right wing pals' take, but bet they're expecting her to sue for defamation. However, that's not the only approach. As a lawyer I follow on Twitter points out, "The woman lost her job as the result of a fraudulent attack. Those are legitimate contract claims."

Whatever the chances of success, I hope she goes through with it. The discovery process should be fascinating.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home