Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Let's just leave Afghanistan

I try to avoid posting "What Obama Should Do" advice. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need me to tell him. But I do agree this McChrystal brouhaha presents a golden opportunity.
Obama should make it now. He should use McChrystal’s transgression to install a general who will publicly and unambiguously declare that America’s days in Afghanistan are numbered. He should use this moment not just to show that he won’t tolerate insubordination, but to take control of his foreign policy, as Truman did in 1951. Calling McChrystal on the carpet isn’t the point; the point is ending a war that could wreck Obama’s presidency.
We've been there too long and it's a loser's game to stay. Corporations don't need us in occupation to exploit the "new," that is really an old well known, discovery of all those minerals. They can easily buy off the corrupt government to get the rights. It's simply not worth the blood and treasure we're expending there. McChrystal's gaffe kicked open the exit gates. I really hope Obama seizes the opportunity to use them. [via]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I don't think he can leave. They've called him a wimp so long he has to prove he isn't by playing into their hairy palmed hands.

11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

For the life of me I can't understand why he isn't trying harder to get out. It's so obviously a loser.

1:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home