Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Internet Issues

My internet service has down since yesterday afternoon. They're telling me it will be out until tomorrow at 4:30. Just affecting this regional network leaving some 9,000 people without internets. They offered to give me free dial-up for 20 hours and then charge me two bucks an hour for it after that. Kind of rip-off since the repair time is expected to be over 24 hours. One might think they would give it to you for as long as the high-speed is down for free since I'm paying for service I'm not getting. Jeesh. Anyway, figured out how to post in the interim but it's a little dicey so posting is likely to be light.

Meanwhile, I just deleted the google adsense ads. What a rip-off. I hated the ads I was getting for the most part and never could figure out how they determined the pay anyway. It seems the amount that shows in your account isn't real. I know I checked a couple of months ago and it was just over a hundred bucks. Checked today and it was down to eighty.

Then the form to cancel the account wouldn't load and there is no way to contact an actual person apparently. All their help pages lead to forums that don't quite answer your question. It looks like you don't get money unless you hit $100 bucks anyway. I'm not going to mess with it anymore. It's not worth the time. Just deleted the code and chalking it up to experience. They essentially just got over a year of free advertising from me. I wouldn't suggest any small bloggers enter into into a deal with them.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Stanton said...

I did that for a while and sometime around 100 bucks they said I was cheating. (clicking on ads I guess). It was a waste of time for me too!

4:26:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Consider yourself spared the stress of knowing what's going on.

4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Michael, I think they're really dishonest. Bet most people don't bother to delete it.

Ruth, haven't been able to access the news all day. Afraid to look. It this day can get any worse, I don't want to know how.

4:49:00 PM  
Blogger merlallen said...

My internet service went down and after spending 1/2 hour trying to reconnect, I called tech support. After they helped me fix it, they said next time I had a problem I should go online to their home page to fix it.
They couldn't tell me how to do so without an internet connection.

3:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ha! That is the problem with online help.

10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home