Friday, April 09, 2010

In a world without Fox

Granted it's a softball situation, but the interviewer is asking about common societal myths there. I found it to be a fascinating interview with Obama by the Indonesian press.



Not sure why I liked this so much, but I did. Maybe because it's so refreshing to see a media person treat Obama with warmth and respect instead of trying to trip him up with inane gotcha questions designed solely to catch a lazy soundbite and gin up fake controversy. {Via Andrew Sullivan]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Larkspur said...

Hey Libby, thanks for this. It was charming. It's also cool that he liked the wayang. (I remember a "Buffy" episode that drew on shadow "puppet" theater - it was scary.) And I used to want to play one of the really big gongs in a gamelan ensemble. Huh. I had forgotten about that.

8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Larkspur. Always glad to see you. Worry when you don't drop by. Cool that you know what they were talking about. I didn't have a clue.

8:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home