Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CNN ratings keep spiraling down

Who could have predicted that if they try to grab the wingnut demo by hiring right wing hosts and pundits like Erik "Restate Strike Force" Erickson, CNN's ratings would drop? Besides everybody except the CNN execs, I mean. Sadly I remember when CNN was a real news station that you could depend on for factual reporting. Those days are long gone.

I haven't joined the CNN boycott movement that sprung up when they hired Erik the Red. I figure it's a lesson they have to learn on their own. Nobody can out-crazy Fox and Fox viewers aren't going to switch stations no matter how many wingnuts they hire. Meanwhile, the rational viewers are going to tune out in disgust at the pandering to that delusional crowd. News was so much better when the stations cared about good reporting instead of good ratings.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't watch CNN because I can't stand how they stretch their video. I cannot stand malformed video and their entire network (including website) is based on sending squashed video out.

Can't they afford some real HD equipment?

10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home