Monday, March 15, 2010

Broadband for all

I've been worried for a long time about internet neutrality. It's one of those wonky issues that is so complicated to explain, too many people don't understand how important it is. I don't pretend to understand it that well myself. The technical issues go way over my head, but I do know that we don't want the telcoms to become the gatekeepers of the intertubes.

Fortunately, I don't have to explain it, because Balloon Juice has the latest developments. The good news is Obama put some savvy technocrats in charge of developing policy and as far as I can see, this new Broadband for All is a good start towards keeping the internet freely accessible to all comers.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home