Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sick of Health Care

There's a certain irony in trying to follow the health care debate while you're sick and don't want to got to the doctor because you've lost your health insurance. Needless to say, I've been a bit rundown and cranky, so I can't yet talk about Joe Lieberman without copious use of the F bomb and hateful adjectives. I'll still have something to say about him in retrospect, but for the moment, I don't really want to talk about health care anyway.

The whole sorry scene in the Senate is such a dismal mess and the level of agitation on the internets is more than I can deal with. Besides, this isn't the final bill, so I figure I'll just hold my ire for a little longer outside of what I posted at the Detroit News, which was a lot today. I'll just say here that I'm disappointed Sanders caved and withdrew the single payer amendment. Personally I would have let that play out and delay the rest of the Senate business. Eventually the media would have been forced to ask the GOPers why they were gumming up the works.

But what do I know? I'm just an old lady with a miserable respiratory virus. And the entirety of Leftopia appears to have splintered into warring factions. Lot of anger, not so much information out there right now. I've had this sense of deja vu for the last few days. Feels like the weeks leading up to the Democratic National Convention in 08. Didn't think I'd have to relive that so soon. Can't say I'm liking it.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Agree, and it's a Bill still In Process, pardon the caps. Remembering how many winger bills came out of conference committee totally different from the bill that went in. And how many times the Obama campaign was declared dead.

8:38:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Also; Get better, we'll work on it while you take some time to mend.

8:39:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Ruth.

9:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home