Monday, December 28, 2009

Mixed blessings

I've been absent from the blog because I've had so much family stuff going on. It's been many years since I've lived close enough to them to spend the holidays together, and it's been great. I cherish the time in ways that are deeper than it was in my careless youth.

But this morning, it all changed. My dear friend Karen in Northampton died very suddenly last night from an aggressive cancer. Tonight I'm paralyzed with grief. Blessedly she went quickly and didn't suffer long, since the cancer had advanced so far it was untreatable. She's slipped through the veils beyond hurt, so my selfish tears are for my own pain in trying to cope with this unbearable loss.

I can't really talk about it yet except to say she was a very good friend. I've missed her like crazy every single day since I left Northampton. Knowing I'll be missing her for the rest of my life is not a certainty I ever wanted to reach.

Rest in peace my sweet friend
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Larkspur said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry.

1:19:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Larkspur. I'm taking it very hard but working through it.

10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home