Friday, November 13, 2009

Palin Family Freak Show

Atrios is right of course about the ongoing Palinpalooza. "The point is the whole thing's a freak show, and that's much more important than any of the "facts" of the freak show, none of which matter at all, true or not..." As he points out, since when did the media continue to relentlessly, (and breathlessly) follow every move of a total political loser? And frankly, the blogs aren't much better as they report on the freak show too, which contributes to the media interest.

Me, although I admit I occassionally succumb to the gossip, I don't read 90% of it. And I wonder if I'm the only person in America who doesn't care if Levi Johnston waggles his wang in Playgirl this month. I'm certainly not going to look at it. Frankly, I find the kid a little creepy and the idea of seeing him nude nauseates me a little.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

you don't care, really?
I read Levi is now a gay idol.
You know he is just a tool

12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Larkspur said...

I heard that about Playgirl, and I find it hard to believe that it is still being published.

I did see a funny thing about Levi on Kathy Griffin's show, about how she took him to some awards show as her "date". During Miley Cyrus's act, wherein this very young woman was busting out some very burlesque-y moves, and then, OMG they brought out a pole so she could dance with that. And Kathy reports that Levi leaned over and whispered to her, "Isn't that girl like 16 or something?" Which I found hilarious (as did Kathy, obviously), since that girl Bristol was like 16 or something once, too.

12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

No Rosie, I don't care about Levi or any of the Palins. Gave up soap operas about 30 years ago.

Larkspur, always so happy to see you here. I'm not sure who Kathy Griffin is but I find that relationship a little creepy too. Not so much for the age difference, but how exploitative it is. Of course, I guess the exploiting is mutual so it shouldn't creep me out.

1:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home