Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The internets make me crazy

My internet is all screwed up today and I have a bunch of errands to run, so just a quick link dump until later when I hope my connection will have fixed itself.

I've been remiss in linking to Avedon lately. Too much there to choose. Just start at the top but if you don't have time, at least read Ruth's post, The Kids are Not All Right.

And this is from way down the Sideshow page. Orwell would be proud of the CoC's new anti-regulatory lobbying effort disguised as a concern about job creation. Some folks are fighting back.

I've also been neglecting Swashzone lately and they're on fire over there. It's another scroller, but this one I especially liked. A pre-occupation with rubber ducks.

If you're a progressive who is frustrated with the slow progress of the Obama administration, or even if you aren't, Robert Parry on liberal purists versus pragmatists is really worth reading in full.

And wasn't it just great that the Dems let Lieberman keep his chair so he could hold hearings like this?

Guess I'm a sick puppy too.

This was an interesting slide show. The 50 most powerful people in Washington, DC.

In case you missed this, one of Jon Stewart's finer segments, CNN Leaves it There.

Via Erin O'Brien I adore these 50 Vintage Ads.

And you know how much I love these sightings. Jesus on a bathroom door.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home