Sunday, May 24, 2009

Preemption

I'm so disgusted by the preventive detention position Obama took, that I don't even want to talk about it, but this is an improvement.
President Obama continued to reverse his predecessor's policies this week by undoing a controversial Bush administration rule known as "preemption" that used federal regulations to override state laws on the environment, health, public safety and other issues.
The Bush administration used this as a "regulatory action to clear state and local laws that businesses and corporations didn't like," said Doug Kendall, president of the Constitutional Accountability Center." It's good because it makes it harder for corporations to do things like quash legitimate tort suits. So there's that...

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I too am dsappointed about Guantanimo. I figured I was of the same ilk as Rahm when it came to party loyalty and discipline. There are times you have to enforce it. This was one of them.


On your other point. What I find amsuing and ironic is that all the Righties that are for states rights, never bitched a little bit about this obvious intrusion on states sovereignity. But the R's have party discipline. I hope the D's learn something from that.



Didn't mean to lecture on this here Libby. We have local party issue that have benn occupying my mind lately.

11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Lecture away Truth. It's good for us.

2:27:00 PM  
Blogger Dirk Gently said...

Here's my question: why should things like this depend on who is in the Whitehouse? Aren't there laws that span administrations? I thought that is what made us different?

10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Dirk Gently said...

I guess that was three questions.

10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Silly Dirk, laws are just for us little people. All those signing orders that no one ever read probably negated the whole legal system for presidents.

7:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home