Friday, March 06, 2009

Nadelmann on marijuana

When I started blogging six years ago, I focused on failed drug control policy. If you had told me then that Ethan Nadelmann would be debating legalization on Fox News now, I wouldn't have believed it. But here he is:



He is, of course, right about why we should legalize. It just makes sense on so many levels and it would do more to keep it out of the hands of children than the current policy does.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

Dave Evans is an asshole - his arguments are so dated and inaccurate. The Netherlands!?! Their problem wasn't with pot, it was with their needle parks.
We can certainly regulate use and procurement to protect minors, duh!

11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The prohibs always lie Rocky. But the big point is legalization would make it a little harder for kids to get pot. And the Dutch kids I talked to that were visiting my neighbors a while back told me that they didn't even try it and didn't think it was a big deal because it was available. Removing the forbidden fruit aspect would eventually lead to less teenage use, I think.

11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home