Monday, December 29, 2008

Bush apologists grasp at straws

I'm almost amused by the disconnect. Yet another Bush apologist posits that our clueless current occupier of the White House will be remembered more kindly by historians because he "kept us safe." Their evidence? We haven't been attacked by terrorists on US soil since 9/11.

But by the same logic, we could say Bush presided over the greatest, most damaging, successful terrorist attack on US soil in the history of our nation. An attack that was successful only because he failed to heed clear warnings. Not to mention presiding over the greatest failure of emergency response ever, namely Katrina, whose victims are still displaced. I wonder how safe they feel? [Longer version of how Bush failed here at DetNews.]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some say tomato, others say epic disaster. Some see the glass as half full, others see the glass as smashed into a million pieces. It's all interpretation.

Thanks for stopping by. The "Doctor" (I mistakenly called him Mr. Douglas once) and I have a bit of a history. I'm a little jealous that he has stalked you, tho.

Actually, the first time I heard your name was when he referred to you in several posts as having praised AQI for using the Down's afflicted as suicide bombers. We went round and round on that.

I don't comment much over there now. I just stop by for the lunacy.

Happy New Year and watch out for crazy pro victory associate professors.

5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I posted once and never went back to listen to the barking and howling. That's the sort of thing a "left wing hate monger" like me does, I guess.

Funny how crazy people think everyone else is nuts. The dude makes Joe McCarthy seem like the Buddha of infinite compassion.

8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Frogette said...

Yeah I practically swallowed my tongue when Condoleeza Rice said one day we would thank him. For ruining our economy or the environment? I wonder. Personally I'll thank him to leave.

9:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey DLBaker, I've only been over there once around the time of the AQI post. I got a lot of flack on that one. Not just from the small d.

Fogg, you don't go to them. They come to you, eh?

Frogette! So nice to see you here. My sentiments exactly on Dear Leader. Counting the days.

9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course, when The Bush Apologista Team talks about "no terrorist attacks" since 9/11, they're lying. Wonder why they never talk about all these domestic terrorists? Could it be because those terrorists are GOP voters?

7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I've wondered since I discovered the Nutty Professor a few weeks ago, how many versions of him there really are. How does he have time to put ten new posts a day on his site and post his thank yous to all his deluded followers. But since we got Obama elected I have lots of free time to blog and work on straightening our blind right wing fools.

4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey MWP, I did the longer version at DetNews. And I barely scratched the surface of how little he did to keep us safe. Got the critics all riled up over there.

Hey Truth. You're also a 'fan' of the deluded professor? My what a small world.

6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home