Friday, November 14, 2008

Delayed justice would be better than none

Not being a fan of talk radio, I'll have to take Scott Horton's word that Gene Burns is one of the nation’s most popular talk radio hosts who has consistently defended the Bush administration's use of torture. Like most Americans, he apparently didn't realize how far they had gone in their pursuit of 'intelligence gathering.' He's now seen the light.

And then I saw Torturing Democracy.

And I’m afraid, now that I have seen what I have seen, that I was wrong about that. It looks to me, based on this documentary, as if in fact we have engaged in behavior and practices at Guantánamo Bay, and in these illegal renditions, that are violations of the international human rights code.

And I believe that Dick Cheney is responsible. I believe that he was the agent of the United States government charged with developing the methodology used at Guantánamo Bay, supervising it for the administration, and indulging in practices which are in fact violations of human rights.
Scott notes that the Bush administration has done its best to spike both this documentary and another called Taxi to the Dark Side. It's worth noting that neither will be aired on major broadcast stations until after Bush leaves office since the stations fear White House retribution.

One can only hope that when and if these films receive wide dissemination, Americans will step up and demand that our Congresslizards finally hold Bush and Cheney accountable for this gross violation of everything this country used to stand for.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One can hope . . .

5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I live on it myself.

7:50:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I remember the horrifying film of Nicolai Chaucescu and his wife up against a wall, trying to dodge the bullets. I can't imagine why.

10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't know what you're talking about Fogg, but it sounds horrible.

12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Just making a tasteless comment about Cheney and justice.

9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home