Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Media Bytes - I just can't talk to you edition

By Libby

Song in my head. No video. This one doesn't really fit the theme but it's a plug for my friend Fearless Fred Alex Johnson. He recorded it straight to his new fancy computer. The balance on the vocals was a little off on my computer, but I liked it.

Lots of links today but nothing too heavy. For your reading pleasure:

An eyewitness account of what really happens at a McCain "town meeting."

This might be good. Bacteria that make oil. Supposedly carbon neutral.

It might be moot if these hydrogen cars get affordable.

Moving on to the videos, Colbert issues a McCain Green Screen challenge. Here's a couple of answers I liked. You can find your own favorites here.

I want to learn to do mashups someday. McCain debates himself is a good one.

I don't know quite what to say about this one. Funny or offensive? Either way, it's true. Probably NSFW.

Some reasons to vote Republican.

My brother sent me this one and tells me it gets taken down pretty quickly so click while you can. BeeGees 9/11 tribute.

Hope this link is still alive. Montezuma's palace unearthed in heart of Mexico City. Pretty incredible when you think about how long it's been just sitting there under the city.

Switching into still frame mode, this is the best Freeway blogger sign ever.

I don't usually like flow charts but The Blogopticon is a good one.

GD Fury has some new designs at his Cafe Press store. I liked this one and this one too.

And finally for pure eye candy, this tornado shot is awesome. I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to take it myself.

And I was thinking about how much I miss Al Hirshfeld on Sundays in the NYT. I used to love the Nina game.

I forget where I got all these links, but I'm sure some of them came from
Avedon and Atrios.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home