Saturday, March 22, 2008

Media revolt

By Libby

Following up on yesterday's post about Chris Wallace reaming out Fox and Friends for Obama bashing, I'm heartened to see yet another media professional jumping on the bandwagon to call out their egregiously irresponsible peers. Court TV's Catherine Crier posting at HuffPo, joins in to praise Wallace for his groundbreaking criticism.

And to give credit where credit is due, I missed this yesterday, but Fox and Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade, who endured Wallace's tonguelashing, had earlier walked off the set in the midst of the two hour bashfest. I suppose it was because if he didn't, he may have slapped the smirk off that resident bimbo's face. I don't know who that woman is, but I felt like slapping her myself when she airily deigned to speak for what Americans want to hear.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch American news anymore - its not on TV here but I wouldn't anyway. The BBC, Al Jazeera, Guardian, are so superior in content and quality that there is no need.
But I am still shocked at what passes for news there and what the people in the US are fed each night. I'm old enough to remember Huntley/Brinkley and Cronkite. Even Peter Jennings seems to have been the end of good, solid reporting.

8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I remember those guys too Brian. The news was real in those days, or at least relevant.

I don't watch the US TV news either. I can get BBC here but I usually miss it because it's on too early. I get most of my news from the intertubes.

9:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home