Sunday, February 03, 2008

There's a party going on

Photobucket
By Libby

Well, Jon Swift and Skippy (yes the guy who named Blogtopia), are throwing a hell of shindig this weekend. Seems like just about everybody showed up, and I've filled my dance card with a whole host of new friends. I'll make the introductions in a bit, but first let me take a moment to introduce you to a few pals that I missed yesterday.

My friend Carl has got the party food covered at the Reaction, as does several of our other compatriots over there, but heck, you can't link too often on Blogroll Amnesty Day, so let me run down their the personal blogs for you.

Creature at State of the Day, Carl at Simply Left Behind, Edward Copelend at Edward Copeland on Film, J. Kingston Pierce at Limbo, J. Thomas Duffy at The Garlic and Carol Gee at South by Southwest. Capt. Fogg at Human Voices you know from these pages and Brian from World Gone Mad as you noticed has just joined this week while we await the arrival of Kvatch from Ragebot. And as long as I'm linking to my co-bloggers, I can't forget my Newshogger cohorts, Fester, Eric at Total Information Awareness and Shamanic's simainbrain.

Moving on to some new friends, being a little shy, I was delighted that Buck Naked Politics and Brandy at Moue Magazine introduced themselves, as did Tony at Monkeyfister. Under the heading small world, Tony and I discovered we have a Detroit connection. Also new to me is John and his crew at Wet Machine. They're a brainy bunch over there and the posts on the ongoing spectrum auction are a little over my head, but this is a big issue that I want to take up soon and it's worth trying to wrap your head around it. This auction will make a huge difference in the future of wireless internet and these guys are having a direct impact on it. If it's too techy for you, keep scrolling. They have plenty of other stuff. Ah, and another late arrival just in, check out Crinch Pin. I love them already.

I know Pygalgia through his comments at Newshoggers and since he offered, I asked him to blogroll us here and I'll be adding him today. Or at least trying to. I'm a bit code challenged as I discovered there are more blogs that should have been on the roll already but I screwed up the code in the template. I'll be repairing that so Publius Endures, Unqualified Offerings, Mercury Rising and Zencomix start appearing on the page.

Zen I believe was one the first to link to my other blog, Last One Speaks, when I was first starting out and I'm really remiss in not including Kevin Hayden at American Street in my thank you post yesterday. Kevin was also an early linker to my first blog and I'll never forget the thrill of seeing my name in the national directory of liberal bloggers he had put together years ago. I'd also like to again thank Joe Gandelman, who had one of the best BAD posts yesterday. Joe has always had the most inclusive blogroll in Blogtopia and made an effort to search out new bloggers like myself. I remember being floored when he emailed to ask if I wanted to be on it. Oh and speaking of bigger bloggers, a special thanks to Taylor Marsh for linking in to Brian's post today.

And finally, I been hearing that A-lister PZ Meyers at Pharyngula was cast as one of the villians in the great blog purge but I'm told he actually opened up his blogroll at that time to better reflect the meaning of the term amnesty. In fact, he has a post up right now, inviting links for consideration to be added to his list. I have a feeling he may live to regret that. There were already 40 pitches in the comment section but this is your chance to get the attention of a big guy. I feel sure he'll check them all out.

So I hear there's a football game tonight and I expect Blogtopia will slow to a crawl but as the holiday winds down, let me close by repeating my invitation to anyone who isn't on my blogroll and wants to trade links to either leave a comment or email me at the addy on the sidebar. I love meeting new friends.

Happy Blogroll Amnesty Day everybody. It's been a great party. Let's do it again next year.

[Part One here]



[Graphics via Skippy top, Zencomix bottom. Thanks.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting and adding me!

10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You're welcome David. I'm glad to discover your blog and thanks for digging up those original pieces.

10:46:00 PM  
Blogger griftdrift said...

I damned near forgot. But you know I'm a nightwalker so I've got the late shift covered.

12:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.philipweiss.org

10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey grift, thanks for stopping by and for joining in the celebration.

Lester, I don't understand the point of that link.

10:32:00 AM  
Blogger pygalgia said...

Got you added today, and glad you pointed me to your blog.

1:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good blog that's all. the guy phill weiss. He's a left wing guy. isn't that what you are? liberal? or now is it something else

4:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I only time to skim it, but he didn't sound that liberal to me Lester. I'll look again when I'm not so distracted.

6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Py. I appreciate the link.

7:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBff_t9bkg

drinker's peace

10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home