Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blogroll additions

By Libby

Well, we're trying to keep the spirit of democratic blogroll linking alive here and have a few additions today. The Political Cat is certainly keeping the Blogroll Amnesty theme alive at her place with some impressive attention to linking to small blogs. Also by request for reciprocal links, say hello to ToTheCenter where they're building a nice community of bloggers.

And click over to Northman's Fury who didn't ask for a linkback but blogrolled me already. I know him through his comments at Newshoggers and have been meaning to add him anyway since he's a great blogger, but a reminder to all of you who have rolled me and don't appear on mine, don't be shy, drop me an email at the addy on the sidebar and let me know.

I'm also adding Rob Singleton to the Right Wing roll. I have to say I'm more than a little uncomfortable blogrolling an evangelical who doesn't believe that gays should have the right to marry but in the spirit of expanding the dialogue, I'm willing to trade the link even though he's less than a month old because he's posting daily.

Which brings me to a note on our blogroll policy. I'm all for giving newbies a leg up but I'm not generally keen on trading links until you've been blogging for at least a month. I've seen a lot of people start blogs and give them up when they didn't immediately get huge traffic. I'd appreciate if you didn't pitch for a link until you're sure you're going to keep your place up to help keep maintenance down on my end. Otherwise, keep those requests coming. There's room for everybody in Blogtopia.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OT- here's a good one for you green partyers

http://www.lewrockwell.com/reisman/reisman42.html

environmentalism is the continuation of communism and nazism.

3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Rob Singleton said...

Actually, I've been blogging for almost a year -- but who's counting? LOL

If you look in my sidebar there is a drop down monthly calender that has almost 500 posts in it.

Thanks for the link love.

7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Rob Singleton said...

Oops, thats, "pastor Rob from robsingleton.net

7:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new links, Libby. I'll surely check them out. As far as Rob Rants, I have no problem with conservative politics and having intellectual debates with those who support them. But I have no patience left for those who perpetuate the myth of supernatural forces being responsible for life here or elsewhere, let alone the formation of the universe itself. Spouting a list of those who support one's beliefs is no arguement. There are fanatics with closed minds on every side of every equation rather they be lefties or righties, spiritualists or athiests, KKK or ACLU.

7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Lester, must you torment me with deniers?

Rob, sorry if I misstated your experience. I found the navigation a little complicated and didn't notice the archives. You're welcome for the link. I have to say you sorely tested my commitment to an open blogroll policy. I disagree with almost everything you stand for, but I'm impressed that you solicit opposing views and I believe in giving everybody a voice. I think it's a good trade.

Brian, you might want rethink visiting Rob's link if you have no patience for evangelism. It's to his religious blog.

9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"environmentalism is the continuation of communism and nazism"

What a crock of steaming shit. Oh excuse me - cleaning up that shit is "Communism!" Crapping all over yourself without a care in the world must be "Liibertarianism" and lapping it up like a perverted jackal must be "conservatism."

9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

capt fogg- if you want to see real environmental degradation, go to any of the former soviet satellites. massive exposed chemical pools, large areas uninhabitable, (but still inhabited.!)

not just chernobyl.


anyway, the authors point is that it's the same totalitairan impulse to force other people to do things you imagine are the right thing to do. meanwhile, communists could have gone and lived communally on their own and invited others to join without coercion. nazis could have gone and lived in the countryside and had white babies and been atheists. environmentalists kill themselves or make rafts or whatever it is they want the entire world to do.

9:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home