Friday, September 21, 2007

We will not go quietly

By Libby

I was supposed to have the week off but I ended up working so posting has obviously been somewhat light, especially here, but I'm always blogging somewhere. At Newshoggers:

The unbearable boundlessness of betryal. It's not just Petraeus who has betrayed us. We've been betrayed up and down the line by our political class. I'm especially worked up this week over lame brained, do nothing resolutions like the condemning of MoveOn for exercising their right to free speech. Fight back and sign the petition.

I left a few choice words for my useless Senators. I told them I was appalled that they were wasting precious time and tax dollars on nonsense instead of addressing the important concerns of the people.

I was optimistic when I posted working the system for Webb. That Dole caved into White House pressure isn't much a surprise, but that Webb turned around and rebuked the very people like me, who tried to help him get the measure passed, is not sitting well today.

I posted Warner wavers, while Webb presses on in that moment I believed Webb was actually showing some principles beyond political convenience.

And in case you missed it somehow, there's no way out of Green Zone . Since Blackwater murdered random civilian Iraqis this week, they're lying low and since they provide the security for all our big honchos in Baghdad, nobody is even leaving their buildings, much less the Green Zone.

I have a few posts at the Detroit News as well. If you don't feel like wading through the winger musings that keep trying to drown me out, you can always go here for a list of my posts. The one you'll want to read that I haven't duplicated at all is Bushenomic house of cards teeter on collapse.

You probably read this morning that the Canadian dollar has just broken even with our own for the first time since 1976, but that's only one small blip on the warning screen. The cards are falling and when they hit it's going to feel like a ton of bricks on all our heads.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Well, Libby, I followed you over to Newshoggers, read the piece, tried to make a comment but was shown the,
"Banned by webmaster. Your comments will not be added.", door.
Since I never ever posted anything there before and filled out the proper form correctly, I can only gather that Newspigs is some elitist site not worthwhile bothering with. So I will not be bothering them again.
I'll just go to Move-on direct and skip the middle whatevers.
No wonder the Dem party can't raise a unifying voice, it's a tower of babel.
How sad, Bye

1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't know why that happened Steve. I don't have anything to do with the admin there but to my knowledge there have been all of two people who have been banned for repeated violations of the commenting policy.

Your profile doesn't give me any ID info and I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out. If you send me your IP address I'll try to find out why you weren't allowed to post. I suspect it's a glitch on the Haloscan end. I'm sometimes banned from my own blogs for no apparent reason.

Newshoggers welcomes all views, just as we do here.

2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Yeah, but nice extrapolation there Steve. I had a letter returned for lack of postage - no wonder the Republicans can't get us out of Iraq.
Those damned elitists!

2:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home