Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy Anniversary

By Libby

Okay, one more quick post. Today is John and Elizabeth Edwards' 30th wedding anniversary. Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. Thirty years of marriage is quite an accomplishment for ordinary people, much less a political couple who have endured many unexpected hardships. In honor of the occassion the WaPo posts a very nice profile piece on Elizabeth and her participation in the campaign.

I'm telling you, the more she talks, the more I like her. I can't help thinking I wish she was the woman candidate in the race. It would be the best of all worlds to be able to really support a Democrat and a woman. But I have to tell you, rightly or wrongly, in a race where I'm not enthused about any of the candidates, she's having an effect on me. I find I'm warming up to John more and more, every time she speaks on his behalf.

I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

I don't think you are the only one, either. I think John Edwards will start to creep up in the polls.

The wise guy media will probably try to bury him with trivial stories about his looks and all, but I don't think it will matter. I just don't see the coronation of Hillary like so many pundits do. Don't forget these same chattering heads talked of nothing except Howard Dean in 2004, right up until the Iowa caucuses.

I believe Hillary is exactly what the Republicans want.

2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's my take too Pug. The pundits have been wrong about everything for the last six years. I see no reason to believe them now.

5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home