Thursday, May 24, 2007

A little sad housekeeping

Although we didn't agree on much, I used to be a big fan but I've been watching him go over to the dark side for some time now. I kept hoping he would regain his former somewhat moderate, albeit right-leaning tendencies, but he hasn't written anything except Kool-aid chugging White House steno posts in weeks now, not to mention he dropped every sensible progressive voice outside of Gun Toting Liberal -- including mine -- and populated his blogroll (with a very few exceptions) with the most rabid of the right wing screechers.

I'm finding it painful to even read his posts anymore, so it is with great regret that I'm formally delinking Don Surber. Good-bye Don. Call me when you regain your objectivity -- we'll talk.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I made the same observation some time ago, though I still read him to see how the other side "thinks."

(Using "thinks" metaphorically, since there is little "thinking" going on over there - as you correctly point out.)

Plus, of course, he has also taken to deleting comments - mine have been deleted every time i tried to engage him.

He's joined the echo chamber, alas.

11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It makes me very sad MW. Another victim of IBS (irrational Bush support).

12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Irrational Bush support? Is that a tautology - or pleonasm - or maybe just redundant?

1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. I just love your way with words.

1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious, Capt. Fogg. The least one could do is include links to the dictionary.com page when one uses words like pleonasm.

2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Don Surber said...

Sorry you feel that way. I did not drop you from my blogroll. You never signed up for my new one after I switched to my new digs in January. I had the offer up on my blog for months.

9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm sorry I feel this way also Don. I've always admired your work but you've changed in a way that doesn't make me comfortable directing my readers to your site.

I still love your curmudegonly self but I just can't support your work at this time. The Goodling post finally sent me over the edge.

As for the blogroll, I didn't see the post. I'm posting to five blogs and was working crazy hours at the beginning of the year. I rarely have time to go in and read a whole blog anymore. I tend to follow links to specific posts. Not to mention, I don't think I should have to ask. Either you think I'm worth linking to or you don't.

It's okay if you don't and that's not the driving reason that I delinked you. But who you did choose to put on there bothers me. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like you've swung pretty far from the "right of moderate" guy I used to love to disagree with, into a far right cog in the smear machine who just pisses me off.

I'll probably get over it someday but in the interim, I'm sure you'll do just fine without me.

11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home