Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dumb debate

I did my venting at The Newhoggers but the more I think about that sorry excuse for a debate, the more pissed off I get. Matthews' questions were ridiculous and Politico's reader submitted questions were ridiculouly skewed. These mighty "non-partisan journalists" dictated the direction and content of the discussion and there were far too many baited questions that were designed solely for sensational soundbites tomorrow. Most of the questions they allowed all the candidates to answer were irrelevant. I mean who the fuck cares about a constitutional amendment to let Arnold run for president?

They didn't let them make opening statements "in the interests of time." Time for what? So Matthews could get more face time with the camera? He's not running for president but we heard more from him than the candidates. The whole sorry event was pointless and insult to the media's mission to inform the public.

[thanks to Central Sanity for the link]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There should have been way more questions about immigration. It's the #1 issue with the republican base hands down.

lew rockwell noted that romney was like a yacht salesman with a record. I don't know any yacht salesman or exactly what he meant but it's probably true.

I think Tom tancredo should be the nominee. He seems intelligent and genuine even if i don't agree with his foreign policy stuff, though he has lately been somewhat anti war. Ron Paul is a rock star.

3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Romney is a snake oil salesman. I wouldn't trust him to manage a garbage dump much less the country. They all lost me at the question on Iran anyway. I don't think I heard two sentences out of Ron Paul before I lost interest. The format pissed me off too much to bother. Easier to check their websites if you want to know what they think.

4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home