Sunday, August 20, 2006

My president tried to kill me and all I got was this lousy tshirt....

Life moves in mysterious ways. I would have missed this but I made the mistake of clicking on trick poll about Annthrax Coulter at NewsMax and ended up on their news alert list. They of course, didn't source or credit this story since it came from NPR but it proves once and for all that Bush is not just crazy, he's fucking sadistic.
President Bush spent his afternoon not buried in Middle East diplomacy, but daring his staff at the ranch to join what he calls the "100-degree club." ...The president challenged White House employees to run three miles in the central Texas heat across the scrubby terrain on his property. (You think anyone dared to refuse?)

Those finishing the three miles (without dropping dead of heatstroke) got a T-shirt from the president. Mr. Bush did the course on his bike (his bad knees prevent him from running these days), but rode back to join the runners as they came in. I'm told the president was friendly and encouraging in the most fatherly way -- as he pedaled around the sweaty troops. According to the Weather Channel, the temperature on this patch of Texas was exactly 100 degrees when the run took place. The heat index was 102.
An anonymous bystander reports that the president was drooling and cackling madly, calling out his pet names for his minions, as he circled them like a vulture. (Okay I made that part up).
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I saw this post over at the News and thought it was pretty creative. Of course, JD then took your idea and posted a response. Too bad he can't come up with a style of his own. ;-)

I read your answers in the comment section to some of your most vocal critics and have to tell you I was impressed with your reasonable tone. The tone has been slightly more civil in recent days. I hope it continues.

11:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that post was pretty clever for me. I'm trying to find my sense of humor again. And it's amazing that the tone is civilizing among the rabid righties over there. That's why I'm answering the critics. I like to encourage good behavior.

Did you catch JD's lame comment about keeping up the name calling. I was glad to see they didn't take him on it. What a lamebrain he is. I can't believe he's lasted this long over there. I would have kicked him out a long time ago.

3:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home