Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bush whacking

This is probably the must read post of the day, T Bogg, a blogger of some reknown, posts The Liar. I love his stuff and this is an especially good one I think.

Meanwhile, back on the Ranchero Norte, aka the White House, in a desperate attempt to placate at least the hard core base, Bush will be coming out for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. I have to say, WTF!?!?!

What are these people thinking? They can't possibly believe the religious right fanatics will save their ass in 06. Surely they know that all those 04 swing voters now care more about gas than gays. All I can think is they're hoping to sacrifice 06 and salvage the extremist base to build on for 08.

Remember when they at least pretended to run the government for the people instead just for the party? I do. I miss those days.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't be an honest politician and make it. In Massachusetts we have a guy named Reilly running for governor. He makes 88,000 a year, his salary as attorney general. The other candidates on both tickets are multi millionaire entrepenours with massive lavish houses. Reilly rents and apartment.

I called into a local talk show to voice my support for him simply because of this, that he makes a healthy but normal salary. the liberal talk show host was dissapointed. He felt that someone that powerful shold have more money. another caller said because he wasn't rich he was ripe for graft. You can't win

11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's true Lester but didn't Reilly also screw up at the beginning. I have some vague recollection that there was some kind of scandal over payola to some relative a couple of months ago.

1:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home