Saturday, February 18, 2006

Life is funny, don't forget to laugh

I don't laugh like I used to because I don't see people much. In my old job I dealt with hundreds of people a week and walked around town a lot so I had lots of conversations. I laugh when I converse. Not so much when I'm alone, especially since I spend all my free time reading the news. But there is a funny side to current events, so here's some items that amused me.

Via Agitprop, the Borowitz Report with Halliburton Wins Contract to Reconstruct Cheney's Reputation.

Mad Kane has delightful Cheney parody songs done to the tune of Waltzing Matilda. Keep scrolling for Don't Hunt with Dick, done to the melody of On Top of Ole Smoky. Two of my favorite childhood songs. Be sure to sing along. I did. It was fun.

Bill Shein shines some light on Cheney's apology.

Tom Toles made me laugh.

And why you might want to buy Vanity Fair this month. That wasn't so funny in the ha ha sense, but the quote from the artist behind the Chilean version made me laugh out loud.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home