Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Freedom's just an empty word our president likes to say

Much has been made among the wingnuts about Cindy Sheehan having met with Venezuelan president Chavez. In fact, Chavez has become a popular object of derision in that crowd. All I can say is I bet Chavez would not have had her arrested for wearing a tshirt that says “2,245 Dead — How Many More??” You won't hear any protest about that in Bush blogs, even though it's a well established free expression of speech.

How can we continue to call America a free country when our most basic rights are being abridged by our own government?

Update: Cindy Sheehan in her own words.
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I linked to the wrong decision, I meant to link to Pyle v. South Hadley but the point was nobody should be thrown out for a tshirt. Are we to give high school students more rights than adults?

I don't think the government should be allowed to have a dress code. Theoretically, they're supposed to answer to us, not suppress us. Last I looked, the citizens are still paying their salaries.

9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home