Thursday, December 29, 2005

Stand for something or stand for nothing

Relative to the NSA surveillance scandal, Digby has some good advice for the Democratic Party and ends with the quote of the day.
I'm of the mind to adopt "give me liberty or give me death" as my personal motto. If I have to kowtow to a bunch of childish Republican panic artists who have deluded themselves into believing that fighting radical Islam requires turning America into a police state, then it's just not worth it.
As I said in his comment section, turn that into a pledge and I'll sign back onto the party.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger mikevotes said...

If only they had the guts to stand up, just once....

I guess that's why when Harry Reid shut down the senate it was such a big deal.

Of Course, I haven't seen the phase II report yet...

Mike

11:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they find some guts, or some better advisors. All they have to do is stop polling and start acting they have a mind of their own. If they stood up on principle against the polls once in a while, they wouldn't look like such weasels.

5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home