Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Just bring the troops home

I don't read H.D.S. Greenway but I'm told he's normally conservative and he's jumped on Murtha's bandwagon.

HAVING COME recently from Iraq, I find myself reluctantly agreeing with Representative John Murtha of Pennsylvania. American troops have become ''a catalyst for violence," and therefore more part of the problem than the solution. ...I believe now that we no longer control events in Iraq and that in the end we cannot hold the country together.

...Iraq today is ''a black hole," as France's antiterrorism judge, Jean-Louis Brugiere, said, sucking in impressionable youths from all over the Muslim world and radicalizing them. Donald Rumsfeld is said to have asked if we were creating terrorists faster than we can destroy them. The answer is yes. The Iraq war is harming us in the greater struggle against Islamic extremism and making the United States less secure.
There's much more but here's the tipping point, he says, ..."we can declare victory and go home...," and I wholeheartedly agree.

Welcome to my reality H.D.S. and I forgive you for taking so long. I won't even mention that I predicted it would turn out this way.

[hat tip JZS]
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home