Saturday, October 29, 2005

Start all over again

I can't snap out of Ms. Gloom and Doom mode over the Fitzfizzle. The Heretik helps when he reminds me how Elliot Ness took down Capone and his resident panel of poliwatchers weigh in with convincing arguments for hope. But I still can't shake this morose outlook. I wanted grounds for impeachment, of the entire administration and all of its lackeys. The wheels of justice grind slowly. This administration will outlive the trial. They can do a lot of damage in three more years.

I cried for the Kennedys. I fought Nixon. I fought Reagan. I've never seen a more destructive administration than Bush. What bothers me is, while we're focused on the war and Treasongate, they'll be busy screwing the voting machines and pushing the Patriot Act, and other domestic surveillance schemes. They're studying ways to legally use acts of military terrorism against us under the "war powers." The Padilla case alone left us without due process and they're stacking the courts with judges that won't rule against them from the local level right up to SCOTUS. And don't even get me started on the dismantling of the social programs.

I know it's not all bad, but some days it feels like we've been set back further than where we started in the 60s. Basta already.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

It's the beginning of the end. Their end.

With a powerful government, you start small, sink your teeth in real right, and hang on.

Be of good cheer. Truly, it's Fitzmas.

Or Fitzukkah. Or Fitz-something good.

11:30:00 PM  
Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

That should have been "real tight." Typo.

11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home