Saturday, October 15, 2005

Just the facts, man

Really, I love Don Surber. When he's right he's awesome, but when he's wrong, he's sooo wrong. I left this comment to his skewed post.

As long as we're getting all factual here, I guess you missed this story. Corine Lombardo, bottom left in the "unstaged" teleconference, is a professional PR flack for the military. She seems to have failed to mention this, as well as the fact, "Her job when I was with the 42nd Infantry Division included taking reporters to lunch. She lives in a fortified compound in Tikrit and rarely leaves."

As for your Sgt. Long, he doesn't allow comments or I would have asked him how often he goes out on IED sweeps.

Really Don, a journalist should know better than to trot out privileged class military brass and tout it as balanced. You want me to believe it's not just another photo-op designed to push Bush's failing meme on the war, then run a lottery among the grunts to see who gets to talk to the Prez. Give me a "informal chat" with an ill-equipped Guardsmen who just got back from a morning IED run and watched his buddy get blown up. That I could believe.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home