Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I am neutral on the Miers nomination

Truth Laid Bear is running a blog poll of sorts on the Miers nomination. I've already posted some thoughts on this but haven't taken a position on her candidacy. There wasn't a choice for I am ambivalent on the Mier's nomination, so I chose neutrality.

I certainly don't support it, but then I'm unlikely to support any candidate that Bush put up. I continue to think she is merely a shill, put forward to cover his butt in pending questions of violations of law that are likely to come before the Court in regard to this administration and to act as a rubberstamp for policy challenges, should they arise. I'm afraid to outright oppose her, because I think she'll be largely ineffective and anyone else he's likely to bring forward to placate the conservatives can only be worse from a constitutional perspective.

In the end, I think it's a crap shoot. There's no way to know what they'll do once they get on the bench and short of some compelling reason, I'm inclined to let it happen without pushing a meme one way or the other. Sometimes you just have to trust the universe to give you what you need, even if it's not what you want.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home