Tuesday, August 02, 2005

You have to wonder

The big right wing bloggers are swarming all over the Air America loan story. It's almost too petty to remark on and I find it rather embarrassing to read their posts, with their gleeful "gotcha" tenor. Meanwhile in Ohio, the first convictions in an ethics scandal that reaches all the way into the Governor's mansion goes unremarked.

Air America is a private company, that was apparently duped by a bad manager and has admitted its fault. It's making restitution, which amounts to less than one million dollars. Meanwhile, in Ohio:
The scandal so far has led to a pair of criminal convictions, the resignation of a Taft cabinet member - former bureau administrator James Conrad - exposure of other investment losses at the bureau, including a whopping $215 million Bermuda hedge fund loss, and has spawned 13 state and federal investigations into influence peddling, rare coins, and corruption.

Mr. Noe stands accused by Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro of stealing at least $4 million from the state rare-coin funds he managed, and his own lawyers have told state officials that up to $13 million from the funds is missing.
And this is just a part of the fraud and corruption there that has cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions in lost revenues that won't be reimbursed. Nary a word from the right wing swarmers on this story. Where is the call for accountability here? You have to ask, why does the right hate working people?

I don't understand how these obviously intelligent people can justify that to themselves. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I was aiding and abetting in obscuring this malfeasance.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Faria said...

You make a valid point. However, I live in Jersey. I bet you've got nothin' on us, corruption-wise, and we're just as concerned over it.

I figure my job as a blogger is to make the stories work in such a way as to get the maximum attention for them. Yes, these big guys are chasing traffic. That's what they do - it's WHY they're big guys, what can I tell ya. I have a couple of posts on it myself. But it's up to me to, as you say, post to a higher common denominator. It's not up to someone else to fix Jersey. I live here, my job.

Good luck with Ohio. I'll watch your site.

4:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just another example of the MSM media's journalistic malpractice. MSM editors who fail to report on this story after all the free press offered Air America to promote it's launch are hypocrites.

8:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The right-wing bloggers will fall over any story that deflects public attention away from the miserable failure of the war on terror - or whatever they're calling it today.

3:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home