Saturday, August 27, 2005

Need a new stud

Proof the Democrats have no balls. The party has become a emasculated shadow of it's former strength and glory. The beltway boys are all waiting around to see if the anti-war sentiment will stick, before they dare stand up and stand for something.

Their strategy is to not take any chances and just let Bush hang himself. Customarily a safe plan if all you care about is winning elections; but not one that speaks to a concern about the nation's well-being. And it's a tack that may well backfire this time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's disgusted by this lack of leadership.

Outside of a brief stint as an Independent, I've been a registered Dem all my life. I don't know what I'm going to do in 06, but I'm clear that I will not vote for a Dem just to prevent another disaster. If they can't take charge now, I have no confidence they'll do any better at running the country than the current group of rogues.

If the Libertarians didn't insist on supporting unjust corporate trade practices, I would have given them my vote a long time ago. Nonetheless it seems to me to be a perfect time for some third parties to gain some steam. Gods knows I've never been more amenable to the idea.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home