Monday, July 25, 2005

Roberts must reverse rebuttals

It's never good when they start out with little white lies. Now maybe he really did forget, I mean it was six years ago, and there are times I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner yesterday but I usually remember stuff once it's been written down somewhere.
Supreme Court nominee John G. Roberts Jr. has repeatedly said that he has no memory of belonging to the Federalist Society, but his name appears in the influential, conservative legal organization's 1997-1998 leadership directory.

In and of itself, this wouldn't have been as big a deal if the Roberts team hadn't insisted on having references to his membership "corrected." Now those people are splitting hairs over whether he actually paid dues.

Give me a break, he was part of the organization and playing the lost memory card doesn't give me much confidence in his integrity or competency for the bench. SCOTUS justices kind of need an ability to hold onto details, don't you think?
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home