Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dionne on Downing Street

EJ Dionne has an much more politic take on the Downing St Minutes than I do. He's basically excusing the Bushies with the bumbling idiot defense. They weren't lying because they're so far gone, they really believed what they were saying. EJ has a sharp eye and I respect his opinion. If they weren't making so much money from the war, I might even buy into it. But after 18 years of doing intake interviews for the ACLU, I know a lie when I hear one.

Nonetheless, EJ's kindness becomes him and his concern in the end is the same as mine. He gets the quote of the day with these closing lines.

Those who still see the invasion of Iraq as a noble mission don’t need to protect the policy from the war’s critics. They need to rescue it from its architects.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home