Monday, August 06, 2012

When the party's over

DougJ is home so my guest gig at Balloon Juice is done. Glad it came up when I had time to fully enjoy the community of like minded people. Kind of the opposite of my life at the Detroit News. Not to say that both aren't good in their own ways.

Meanwhile, I never expected to say, "Damn, but I'm proud of Harry Reid."

Didn't think he had it in him to stand up to the GOP onslaught. Even better, Nancy Pelosi stood up for Harry today with the perfect response. Harry Reid is telling the truth. Someone did tell Harry Reid that Mitt didn't pay any taxes. The burden of proof under the current rules of political discourse, invented by the GOP themselves, is now on the Mittster. He could prove them wrong in a New York minute by releasing the tax returns. Raising the question -- again -- why won't he just do it?

Judging from the mass hurling onto the fainting couches in The Village, it looks like a brilliant move on the eleventy level chessboard to me. Happy to see the Democratic party playing the game well for a change.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

are we sure they're Democrats? I don't remember Dems ever fighting back.

3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It is a strange thing indeed merl.

4:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home