Thursday, February 23, 2012

Post debate mortem

And I do mean post mortem. Even only having sort of half watched half of the debate, one can't come to any conclusion other than the Republican party is dead. Didn't think I'd live to see the day that I agree with Roger Simon at Politico, but really, the thought that one of these cretins could become President is thoroughly chilling. And he gets this part right too:
The upside of having debate after debate was clear: They would introduce the Republican candidates to the voting public.

But the downside of having debate after debate has now revealed itself: They have introduced the Republican candidates to the voting public.
And I didn't think of it at the time, but he's right about this as well. When it came to the vacuous, describe yourself in one word question....
How curious that not a single one said, “Presidential.”
That's all I have to say. I'm outsourcing my commentary to others. TPM does the serious analysis, telling us how Santorum blew his big chance to shine.

For the mockery, go read Charlie. Have to agree that the candidates really outdid themselves in proving they were total, unlikable dicks. And for more just go to Balloon Juice and keep scrolling from the top.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Stupidity, It is the empty-ey'd monster, which doth mock the meat it feeds on.

. . . with apologies to Shakespeare.

Can you say fringe element?

5:35:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm so old I remember when fringe element meant a small subset. Nowadays, it's the majority. Goddess help us...

7:32:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I'm not so sure these demented nitwits are the majority. I suspect that a huge number of Republicans just vote reflexively - as though a vote for any other party is inconceivable. Some will vote both ways on important issues simply to avoid having to consider a departure from the Party of God.

10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home