Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quick quiz

Finally took the Pew religion quiz that's been making the rounds of the internets. Apparently atheists and agnostics score the highest on this one. The self-professed religious do quite poorly.

I scored 100% and only had to guess on one question. For the record, I'm not an atheist. I'm a pantheist. I believe in everything -- and nothing.

I've been an informal student of comparative religion for years. Belief systems fascinate me. I've come to believe that anything enough people believe in, becomes true. However, that doesn't necessarily make it real.

Addendum: My weird dylexia kicked in and I transposed real and true in the last two sentences. But I guess it kind of works either way.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Nobody knows anything -- at least not those in the religion business.

I took the test and missed one because it's misleading. The Sabbath does indeed begin on Saturday, but in Jewish tradition, Saturday begins with sundown Friday.

No, there is not much serious scholarship amongst the religious outside of academia and even then. . . and of course the wilder the ignorance the firmer the belief and that goes double for Americans' concept of non-christian religions. The ignorant and irrelevant Muslim bashing is endless and I'm now hearing it from people I thought had some brains.

2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Never cease to be astonished at the capacity for otherwise intelligent people to believe total bullshit.

9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home