Sunday, February 21, 2010

Born of Hope

Too nice to stay indoors blogging today, but if you're having crummy weather, here's some links for a Sunday afternoon.

First of all, I don't know how I missed this, but my friend Repsac3 has a blog, Wingnuts and Moonbats that isn't on my blogroll. Go over and say hi. He's got an interesting exchange with Breibart at the top right now and of course, I'll be adding him to the roll.

Meanwhile I see my former stalker and professional wingnut troll, the donald douglas, is still haunting the internets and spewing his idiotic vitriol around the intertubes. My advice, as always, to my buddy Octopus at Swashzone is ignore and delete the jerk, but to each his own.

This is why I get a little irritated with the near constant criticism of Obama. I know the guy is not perfect, but for crying out loud, this is why I voted for him. Perceptions of US leadership improved significantly from 08 to 09. That's a change, isn't it? One I think is really important to our national security.

This PSA isn't moving like the last one I posted, but seems very useful. A different kind of CPR. Easier than the traditional version.

You know I love streaming webcams. This one is charming me lately. Hunmmingbird nest, complete with baby bird.

This gallery is amazing. Via Avedon whom I've sadly neglected for far too long, an astounding minature world. The detail is stunning.

I haven't watched these yet, but they're getting rave reviews. Greg Mitchell's History of Rock and Roll. Some may remember that Greg is the former editor of Crawdaddy, so he knows what he's talking about.

This was so spooky. Previously unpublished photos of the Beatles taken in the 1960s and forgotten in a drawer. One shot is eerily prescient.

And as a lifelong Tolkien fan, this makes me happy. There's links here to a trailer and an hour long video prequel to Lord of the Rings. Born of Hope. Interesting back story too.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Even the lowliest singled celled pond scum amoeba has a use Libby. Remember it was Donald that brought so many of us in contact with each other.

I get around but you're still my favorite blogger.


You may want to delete this after reading it in case Don sees it and decides to add some of his silliness.

5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Aw thanks Truth. You're one of my favs too, though I'm woefully remiss in getting around to the blogs I love. Spend way too much time on twitter lately.

The Donald doesn't scare me. He really does go away if you ignore him and delete his comments. I won't let him pollute this place.

6:32:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

If the nutty professor were merely an annoying troll, it would be easy to ignore him. It is less easy, however, to ignore occasional hate messages that show up in my email box … fulminations against “stinking-boot” liberals … messages warning of dire consequences … threats of death by shooting and torture … a final reckoning. When one reads this crap, it is easy to understand how Kathy Sierra felt.

As expected, the professor is still wrapping himself inside his First Amendment rights while refusing to take responsibility for his own actions. For years, he has been a notorious Internet predator. I hope my latest post on the subject sends a loud and clear message.

3:29:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

8pus, if he's sending you threatening emails, then forget about his boss. Contact law enforcement and file a complaint.

12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Da Perfessor needs to remember that the Constitution protects him from government censorship, not from the wages of sin or bad Karma or the disapproval of his colleagues.

I don't know about his running dogs, but he himself is a classical coward not worthy of worrying about. Besides, his latest eruption gave my blog a needed readership boost although strangely, no comments from the wingnut gallery.

1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. Betting his peanut gallery is afraid of you. They're clearly no match for you in a debate.

7:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Miss Spencer. I disagree with you about Obama. The guy is a radical left extremist who is in way over his head and competence level. Obama is a DISASTER as a President. Every week which passes makes me gladder I voted for McCain. Here's hoping the Democrats get SMASHED in November!

And a conservative like Tolkien would have LOATHED Obama and everything the left stands for.

Sincerely, Sean M. Brooks

2:32:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"The guy is a radical left extremist"

And the extremist things he's done are? What - continuing Bush's military policies? Proposing to set the top brackets back to where it was under Reagan? And face it, McCain is over his head when trying to remember his address or what he ate for breakfast - the guy who's changed his position on every important issue two or three times in a single year? No man who would tolerate a Vice President who believes in witches should be allowed a position of public responsibility. You're a fool sir and I'm saying that only because I don't want to call you a damned liar just yet.

You and all the other folk tale tellers seem fond of making these grand peremptory statements but can't be troubled to back them up with anything but bluff and bravado -- because you can't -- because you're more than just wrong, you're ridiculous. You have no clue about what "the left" stands for.

We all know it's just a statement born of desperation and raised by ignorance and wedded to bigotry -- and most of the majority of Americans who voted for him feel he's done far too little to bring the country back to the center. It's the delusional 20% who think Teddy Roosevelt, Adam Smith and Dwight Eisenhower are Maoists and James Madison and Tom Jefferson were Christians who agree with you and you won't find people like that here. At least not for long.

Yes, Tolkien wrote fairy tales - of course he'd be a fine "conservative."

11:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home