Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lights! Camera! Action!

Gah, I hate this time of year. When the light fails, I fall apart. My new pattern seems to be sleep for 9 or 10 hours two nights in a row and then don't fall asleep until dawn for the next one. Working on 3 hours of sleep today and feeling a little brain dead so some easy links I collected in the last couple of days.

It's only 37 seconds, but as part of an ongoing pattern, I have to think Shep Smith is going to lose his job one of these days for saying stuff like this. Worth a view just to see the look on the other Fox "reporter's" face. [link repaired] [via Andrew]

Glamour magazine puts our First Lady under the lights, naming Michelle Obama as Woman of the Year. Nice piece and a great cover shot.
Apparently the first time a FLOTUS has made the cover of the magazine.

Via Matt this is the coolest space shot I've seen, maybe ever. High-res photo of a Martian windstorm. Matt thinks it looks like an elaborate tattoo. I think it just looks like a painting.

I think Yunjid is from Hawaii, so I assume this photo is from there. Armstrong Park at sunset.

Still on an Empire State Building kick. Great daytime close up and a fabulous shot of the tie dye light scheme that I especially liked because you can see the Chrysler building. Truth be told, the Chrysler is my very favorite building in NYC. Always wanted to get to the top of that one, but they don't the public go up there.

And blame Andrew if you can hooked on this time waster. It's kind of pointless but really pretty colors.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Litzz11@yahoo.com said...

Hey, the Shep Smith link is broken, just FYI.

I'm desperate for Daylight Savings Time. We walk our dogs around 6:30 and it's been pitch dark for the past couple of weeks!

11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I fall apart this time of year with the SAD thing no matter what they do to the clocks. Crawl through until we get to the solstice and the light starts winning again.

10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I should point out that she's not actually woman of the year -- she's just on the cover of the WOY issue.

11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh really? That's what I get for just skimming the link. It was sent to me saying she was WoY

1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home