Thursday, October 22, 2009

Airport security

I saw this story break yesterday and wasn't going to blog it because it looked like a run of the mill nutcase threatening Obama, but then this new information struck me as significant.
According to Port Authority, Breck made the threatening remarks to a co-worker. They said a third party heard the comments and that person along with the co-worker reported it to police. Investigators said Breck gave police permission to search his home and they found 43 weapons, some of which are legal.
Some of which are legal? I mean, that's a lot of guns. If he was just a collector, that wouldn't scare me. But if he has the ammo stockpiled to go with them... then I'm thinking paranoid wingnut. Not a good combo and somewhat scarier than usual that he's a private airport security guard making threats against our president, who is about to arrive in the airport he's "guarding."

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

The "some of which" part is hair raising enough. I'd like to know what illegal weapons he had since that's a very broad term. Lots of ammo doesn't bother me since you can't carry very much and it only takes one round, but I really want to know what other things live in his toy box.

I was in a pawnshop yesterday. The place sells more guns than anything else, and sure enough there was a big screen TV with Fox blazing away, anti-Obama posters and T-shirts on sale and lots and lots of guns. The proprietor, with a large pistol on his hip and two surly customers were discussing that "left-wing radical" who is bringing us nothing but unemployment.

Something is happening here.

10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Guys like that have been bitching like this forever, and I've hung out with some of them for most of my life. Never seen the violent ideation quite so pronounced. I admit it scares me.

1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home