Monday, August 24, 2009

I pledge my allegiance

This is the funniest thing I read all weekend. I pledge my allegiance -- er, um -- to the tshirt of Gene, the patriotic citizen of America. Seriously, a GOP leaders meeting in Illinois discovered they didn't have a flag in the room to pledge to, so they had some guy wearing a tshirt with a picture of a flag stand up and they pledged to that.

I'm pretty sure that violates at least a couple of the rules of etiquette regarding flag use. Not to mention, being incredibly weird.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kvatch said...

Well... At least they didn't have him lie down before they pledged allegiance to his shirt. ;-)

9:05:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Kvatch. Good to see you.

12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home