Thursday, July 02, 2009

Hate Mail of the Week

I have a new fan at DetNews who writes long, heartfelt comments. Apparently fond of his thesaurus. Loved this one. Just an excerpt:
I find it amusing that the Detroit News has a moderator admonishing me about the proper rules of debate while allowing the opprobrious commentary of the Xanthippe of blogging to continue without sanction or censure. I only hope my response exposes the fact that the Detroit News' has a need for objective bloggers and an even greater need for unbiased staff members. I realize that times are tough for newspapers these days but; to be honest, I am very unsympathetic regarding their plight. The media has brought this upon themselves; having abandoned news reporting and pushing liberal opinion in its place. This dire situation is not improved by hiring moderators whose talent is of the quality usually found in students who finished somewhere in the bottom 1% of their journalism class. [...]

Regardless, any objective reading of Ms. Spencer's blog proves that it is nothing more than a daily (and sometimes more frequently) rant filled with insinuations, mischaracterizations, malice and outright distortion of conservative beliefs. It would appear that in her (and the moderator's) narrow world, any person who does not embrace the parasitical view of government as a vehicle for the redistribution of wealth is guilty of being a murderer, racist, thief or other unsavory individual. Allowing Libby to continue promulgating such stereotypes may not be a violation of the forum rules, but it does reinforce my observation that the nicest thing one can say about Libby's literary talent is that it is apocryphal at best.
More at Hussein the Clueless.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous stormkite said...

awww.... Libby's got a boyfriend.

Careful, though... he's not living in any world remotely attached to reality, and I suspect he's of the "keep `em barefoot and pregnant and at the stove" persuasion.

You can do better.

3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Anyone who thinks that "regardless" is a clause and that using it that way makes him sound arch and condescending, isn't worth reading, much less discussing.

4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Stormkite, it's guys like that, that make me glad my bio at DetNews is so outdated. :)

Fogg, he's clearly in love with own self-perceived cleverness. He's part of new group over there who are trying to get me kicked off the blog for being a hateful, lying, librul. Who knows how they find me or why they care what the hell I say.

7:09:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

That's what the Republicans do, raise the self esteem of the mediocre and the unintelligent who are tired of being told they're not smart and not right because they are. Tell them they're smart, tell them they're victims and send them on a mission to get rid of [fill in the blank] and you can start your own little Reich.

I used to be amused at the attempts to simulate educated rhetoric, but I've never been amused at the vicious, hyperbolic and dishonest accusations of viciousness, dishonesty and hyperbole that they are too stupid or too deranged to recognize in themselves.

9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Really Fogg. I love when they're doing what they accuse you of doing. This guy told me I have no credibility because I used a single cite. He refuted my link by citing a single cite, and misquoting it.

10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Parasitism is a really peculiar accusation aimed at us lefties, after our trying to head off the winger disaster that required sucking the blood of the workers.

12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home