Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Transition

Light posting today. I'm in the midst of this moving thing and it's been a big day. I cut my hair, made a bunch of appointments to look at apartments, got my car jiffy lubed and successfully bought and activated my first independent cell phone. You know of course, that I've owned a cell for quite some time, but that it was given to me by my family for emergencies. I've never had to set up my own account before. As it turns out it's very complicated.

I ended up getting a cheap prepaid phone until I have time to figure out the options. But in any event I'm off to the lovely town in the middle of nowhere for a couple of days to find a new home. I expect to get a hotel with wifi though, so I will check in.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Larkspur said...

Onward and upward, my friend. I wish you the best.

11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Don't stay in that old motel owned by the guy & his Mom that live in the creepy old Victorian house. If you do, don't take a shower.

Otherwise, good luck house-hunting. Rents may be a little negotiable these days. You might even get first month free. At the very least, you should be able to split your security payment over a month or two. (Don't mention that till after they OK you.) Make sure all repairs & painting are completed before you move in, or they may never be.

--Ex-NYC apt. rental agcy mgr's advice, for what it's worth in the boonies.
.

6:28:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks. The good news is it's a renters market out there. There's almost too many choices. It should help in negotiating a good lease though.

8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home