Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Me and my Dad

My Dad and I don't agree on politics. He's very conservative and tends to believe way too many GOP talking points and of course, I'm who I am, a raging bleeding heart liberal who at this point believes just about nothing I hear from any politician. We didn't talk politics much this weekend after he told me he thought Newt Gingrich was making sense and I told him not to believe a word that evil thug spews.

But we totally agreed on one thing. The elite media sucks and you don't get news from them anymore. As he put it, it's all scandal -- all of the time. Our shared disgust was the best bonding moment of the visit.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
My Dad was a union organizer and Mom was a Dem insider, locally. I was a teenage radical, out-lefting them both. But I was deprived of the opportunity to fully engage in scorched-earth ideological warfare with them.

You're so lucky! ; )
.

4:53:00 AM  
Blogger rockync said...

Yeah Dad never misses an opportunity to goad me about Obama - I think he just likes the passionate debate.
He watches way too much Fox News, though.

8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Cosa, it's a mixed blessing...

Rocky, he doesn't seem to watch as much news as he used to, no doubt because there isn't any on the teevee. But he is the one who started in on Obama first. :)

10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Pamela Zydel said...

You may be a bleeding heart liberal, Libby, and I'm a conservative, but WE both agree on not trusting politicians on EITHER side of the aisle. I think the majority of then are corrupt.

3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Heh. You're not really a typical conservative either Pam, not with that gravatar. I love it, btw.

4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Libby, in your father's defense, Newt is an old school Republican and he'll always win over older conservatives like your dad. It's the rest of America (a majority) that tunes him out!

5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Kathy, I don't hold it against him but I have to tell him the truth too. It's okay. I can tell my Dad anything. He's so cool.

9:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home