Thursday, March 05, 2009

Stuff and nonsense

Slow news day. Nothing going on today of any great interest. The media has been fixated on Republican whining all day and watching the GOPers implode is getting old. I found myself musing about Barbie's 50th birthday. Boston Globe has a photo gallery, tracing her metamorphosis over the years.

The Globe is also holding their annual St. Paddy's Day limerick contest. I may enter it myself.

This poll was interesting. Obama is more popular than Reagan. And a respectable majority thought it was fine to raise the tax rate for upper income holders.

This guy can certainly afford it. A U.S. billionaire paid $35 million for his second trip to the space station. I remain astonished that I lived to see space tourism taken for granted. A trip like this doesn't even make the front page anymore.

The Republicans aren't even trying to pretendanymore that they have any agenda except pure obstructionism.

And a couple of really old links I haven't been able to delete. I'm still pretty knocked out they solved the the 1982 Tylenol murders. They got the guy who is single-handedly responsible for tamper proof packaging, thanks to advanced techonology. It's like an episode of Cold Case Files.

And I remembered when she disappeared, but I hadn't heard the DC Madam was found dead. More mysterious Beltway conected deaths at the link.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Yikes! If Barbie's 50-years-old, that makes me really old.

Sigh...where did that time go?

1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Damned if I know Kathy. Seems like only yesterday I was 20 years old and wondering what I was going to do with my life.

5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home