Thursday, January 29, 2009

Media Bytes - Time has come today

Song in my head thanks to TKK. Meanwhile, I'm off for what I hope is my last dentist appointment for a long time so here's some quick reading to amuse you while I'm gone.

Equal pay for equal work. Obama signs the Ledbetter Act.

Surprising no one, the stimulus bill passed the house without a single GOP vote and ten turncoat Blue Dog Dems joined in to vote for a failed economy.

Mark Halperin at Time blames Obama for not allowing the GOPers to write the bill.

But Hilzoy points out, the bi-partisan strategy worked in that it draws a bright line between Obama's willingness to listen and the GOPer's outright obstruction.

There's a anti-Limbaugh petition circulating and a boycott of his advertisers as well.

The UN's point man on drug issues wonders if TARP was really a drug money laundering operation.

Save alt-weekly comics.

You can now see Dick Cheney's house from anywhere.

And ending on a musical note today. This a'capella Finnish group is amazing.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"You can now see Dick Cheney's house from anywhere."

Even from Alaska?

Some house!

7:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice links! Really like the Hilzoy. It does seem as though Obama has made the Repubs look petty in all this. They look as though they want him to fail, just like Limbaugh.

8:52:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

About that boycott of Limboy's advertisers, I will posting on the subject sometime next week ... and it won't be just about partisan politics. I intend to approach the subject from the viewpoint of abuse of the airwaves.

9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Even from Alaska Fogg. Helluva big house, isn't it?

Hey DLB. I liked Hilzoy's take too.

Octopus, I can't wait to see your post.

9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"I intend to approach the subject from the viewpoint of abuse of the airwaves."

One of my favorite topics. I'm sure any reference to the "fairness doctrine" will bring out the trolls screaming about "censorship" and I can't wait.

10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. You'll be overrun with trolls for sure.

11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Thanks for the link.


Here's some more links for people who just like to bitch. The "Fairness Doctrine" might be a good place to start.
.

3:25:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You're welcome Cosa.

1:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

If you like time has come today I am doing a non-profit radio show tomorrow (Thursday 7th) featuring as many diff. versions by diff. artists as I can squeeze into a single hour. Soundart Radio
http://www.soundartradio.org.uk/
Listen live at www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/
2-3pm British time.

I expect it will cure me forever of liking the song.

Peace, John

2:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home