Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Obama reaches out to opponents

I know the concept of bi-partisanship has been little more than a bad joke for decades, a code word for caving to the GOP agenda, but this feels different. Obama is calling various Republican power players directly and actively looking for common ground.
“He said he wanted to work with me and I said that I wanted to be as constructive as possible,” said Gregg, describing the conversation. “I very much appreciate it. I think there’s not any question it makes a difference. It sets the right tone and it’s the way to get things done.”
It gives me some hope that he can redefine bi-partisanship to mean co-operation between (friendly by necessity) adversaries instead of cowering before bullies.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

Wasn't is said by some ancient Chinese or Japanese warrior, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?" :)

10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't know who said it, but it's not bad advice Rocky.

10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home